One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room equipped with audio and visual equipment to aid people learning a foreign language.
- ‘The exam comprised two parts: the first, taken in a language laboratory, involved reading and listening comprehension.’
- ‘Carre also promised that Bina Nusantara would allow students from other schools, who were not as fortunate, to use some of the facilities, like the library and the language laboratory.’
- ‘Work commenced last week on a £2.8m extension of the Kilmacthomas vocational school comprising thirteen additional class-rooms including specialist science laboratory, language laboratory, art, and construction studies rooms.’
- ‘The call-centre facility at Cumbernauld High - which has a roll of 840 students - looks much like a language laboratory, containing 20 computer terminals and telephones.’
- ‘Recommendations for improving the effectiveness of language laboratories are included.’
- ‘There are no language laboratories, an insufficient science laboratory, and only one computer room for 470 students.’
- ‘Two new five-storey blocks will provide motor vehicle workshops, IT suites and language laboratories, classroom and office space.’
- ‘There is a new three storied block fitted with all the latest technology, comprising of a career suite and IT suite, library, lecture theatre, language laboratories, and 32 purpose-built classrooms.’
- ‘The state-of-the-art school has five science laboratories, two fully equipped computer labs and a specialised language laboratory as well as dedicated woodwork, engineering and home economics rooms.’
- ‘She visited a local college to open a new language laboratory.’
- ‘In a primary school, a laboratory is no more needed to teach appropriate science than a language laboratory is needed in a home to teach a baby to talk.’
- ‘Many of the students come from a vernacular medium of education, and they gain much from the language laboratory at the school, when it comes to learning languages correctly, with stress on communication.’
- ‘There is also a very modern language laboratory, with computers and a satellite link to foreign channels.’
- ‘The senior student would give the junior oriented with the various facilities in the college including the library, language laboratory, health club and playgrounds.’
- ‘All the language laboratories and libraries, the philosophy seminars and positive thinking, all the fabulous advantages we thought would set them up for life will be worthless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.