One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room equipped with audio and visual equipment to aid people learning a foreign language.
- ‘The call-centre facility at Cumbernauld High - which has a roll of 840 students - looks much like a language laboratory, containing 20 computer terminals and telephones.’
- ‘There are no language laboratories, an insufficient science laboratory, and only one computer room for 470 students.’
- ‘In a primary school, a laboratory is no more needed to teach appropriate science than a language laboratory is needed in a home to teach a baby to talk.’
- ‘There is a new three storied block fitted with all the latest technology, comprising of a career suite and IT suite, library, lecture theatre, language laboratories, and 32 purpose-built classrooms.’
- ‘There is also a very modern language laboratory, with computers and a satellite link to foreign channels.’
- ‘All the language laboratories and libraries, the philosophy seminars and positive thinking, all the fabulous advantages we thought would set them up for life will be worthless.’
- ‘Work commenced last week on a £2.8m extension of the Kilmacthomas vocational school comprising thirteen additional class-rooms including specialist science laboratory, language laboratory, art, and construction studies rooms.’
- ‘Recommendations for improving the effectiveness of language laboratories are included.’
- ‘The senior student would give the junior oriented with the various facilities in the college including the library, language laboratory, health club and playgrounds.’
- ‘Many of the students come from a vernacular medium of education, and they gain much from the language laboratory at the school, when it comes to learning languages correctly, with stress on communication.’
- ‘Two new five-storey blocks will provide motor vehicle workshops, IT suites and language laboratories, classroom and office space.’
- ‘She visited a local college to open a new language laboratory.’
- ‘Carre also promised that Bina Nusantara would allow students from other schools, who were not as fortunate, to use some of the facilities, like the library and the language laboratory.’
- ‘The state-of-the-art school has five science laboratories, two fully equipped computer labs and a specialised language laboratory as well as dedicated woodwork, engineering and home economics rooms.’
- ‘The exam comprised two parts: the first, taken in a language laboratory, involved reading and listening comprehension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.