One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barrier to communication between people who are unable to speak a common language.‘Zhao wasn't able to enjoy himself in Germany because of the language barrier’
- ‘The experience of many refugees is of helplessness, of being ferried around by people whose intentions are concealed by the language barrier.’
- ‘Some artists have turned the language barrier into an attribute.’
- ‘The survey found that the biggest deterrent for businesses thinking of starting up abroad was the language barrier.’
- ‘Hopefully, I'll be able to transcend language barriers with visual storytelling.’
- ‘Fortunately for the film-makers, their heroine's quirky appeal transcends language barriers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.