One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of the cerebral cortex thought to be particularly involved in the processing of language.‘the language areas of the left cerebral hemisphere’
- ‘Whether this is due to decreased plasticity in the auditory cortex or in the language areas of the cortex is not known.’
- ‘The dyslexic brain is arranged differently, she added, with the language area of it being larger than that of people without dyslexia.’
- ‘Further investigation turned up an inherited neurological condition - complex partial seizures - which affects the language area in the brain.’
- ‘You go from the visual areas and the right and the left hemisphere and you go and you activate the frontal areas and the language areas, and what are called the temporal lobe and parietal lobe, you find a whole different pattern of activation.’
- ‘So, most people have a language area on the left side of the brain, which also deals with logic and usually controls the dominant hand.’
2A region where a particular language is spoken.
- ‘Rallies offer several hundred women at a time the rare opportunity to leave behind their family and community responsibilities for a week and to express solidarity with women from different tribal and language areas.’
- ‘The market has developed on the back of international clients needing to adapt their software whenever they enter a new market or language area.’
- ‘First, we find that as chiefdoms began to overtake sedentary tribes, so the size of language areas begin to increase again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.