One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of closing a lane on a motorway or other road.‘most of the work will be done without the need for lane closures’
- ‘The bridge will start getting a paint job on Wednesday, requiring lane closures.’
- ‘No official diversions are being set up during the lane closures.’
- ‘The contract called for 10-hour lane closures during the night, with all lanes open to traffic during the day.’
- ‘No wide loads will be permitted over the bridge during lane closures.’
- ‘Drivers could be facing delays on the M4 with lane closures on the westbound carriageway near Swindon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.