One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This catalog and show will please the lovers of craftsmanship in black and white photography as well as the followers of a long tradition of American landscapists.’
- ‘Yet this masterful, luminous image places him in the august company of the renowned landscapist John Knox, with whom he worked on a series of views of Glasgow.’
- ‘Palmer was an archetypal English visionary landscapist, and his paintings, drawings and etchings of moonlit wheatfields and flocks of sheep influenced several later artists, among them Graham Sutherland and Lucian Freud.’
- ‘Being a landscapist, he envisaged the new city as being tree, garden and lake driven.’
- ‘We can't ask too much more of our contemporary landscapists than that they dream good dreams, although we can thank this one for the pleasure - and quiet passion - of her company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.