One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A painting representing a view of countryside.‘John Constable is famous for his landscape paintings’
- ‘The exhibition features a collection of Donato's landscape paintings, doodles, and wooden sculptures.’
- ‘The landscape paintings of the Swiss mountains are among his most beautiful ones.’
- ‘The relationship between the two artists is further illuminated by comparison of the use of underdrawing in their early landscape paintings.’
- ‘Landscape paintings, especially of the bad-weather variety, have been a notable beneficiary of such analysis.’
- ‘In 1876, a landscape painting by Gauguin was accepted for the Salon d' Automne.’
- 1.1mass noun The genre of painting pictures representing a view of countryside.‘a strong tradition of landscape painting emerged in Chinese art’
- ‘I think the point where I begin a painting is the point where traditional landscape painting leaves off.’
- ‘The prime concern of landscape painting is the depiction of natural scenery.’
- ‘In 1947, Masson introduced him to Chinese landscape painting, which subsequently influenced his work.’
- ‘From around 1880, he was increasingly preoccupied with landscape painting.’
- ‘He often collaborated with his nephew Marco, who became a specialist in decorative landscape painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.