One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A card that is filled in with personal details by a passenger on an international flight or voyage and surrendered on arrival.‘prior to landing, I was given a landing card’
- ‘The warnings were right there on the landing card.’
- ‘He testified that he could not find a landing card filled out by the defendant, a requirement for anyone entering the country.’
- ‘Culmination of the procedure sees the landing card removed and severely beaten with stamps of various sizes using a kaleidoscope of inks.’
- ‘These officers are primarily interested in passports and landing cards.’
- ‘By some freak of nature, I've photographically memorised their address from the landing card.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.