One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of buying land as an investment, holding it for future use and making no specific plans for its development.
- ‘Every single Councillor supported this measure due to their awareness that speculative land banking must be controlled.’
- ‘The unscrupulous practice of 'landbanking' has seen a sharp rise in 2009.’
- ‘Projects for land banking… were by no means lacking long after commercial banks had been well established in this country.’
- ‘Proposals to relax planning rules will fuel the expansion of the practice of land banking, which leaves fields and woods neglected, a report said yesterday.’
- ‘Join others who have discovered the advantages that strategic landbanking has over other types of real estate ownership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.