One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crab that lives in burrows inland and migrates in large numbers to the sea to breed.
Family Gecarcinidae: Cardisoma and other genera
- ‘If you want to see massive iguanas, giant land crabs or the largest red-footed booby colony in the western hemisphere, this is where to come.’
- ‘Other predators include: rats, cats, wild pigs, land crabs, sharks, and humans’
- ‘This phenomenon has been particularly thoroughly studied in land crabs, which often occur in habitats containing both seawater and freshwater.’
- ‘However, there are also swimming crabs and land crabs, and the range of sizes and configurations is huge.’
- ‘The woods around the fort buildings are a good place to spot several kinds of land crab, and migrant bird species nest in the nearby marsh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.