Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A crab that lives in burrows inland and migrates in large numbers to the sea to breed.
- ‘Other predators include: rats, cats, wild pigs, land crabs, sharks, and humans’
- ‘This phenomenon has been particularly thoroughly studied in land crabs, which often occur in habitats containing both seawater and freshwater.’
- ‘However, there are also swimming crabs and land crabs, and the range of sizes and configurations is huge.’
- ‘The woods around the fort buildings are a good place to spot several kinds of land crab, and migrant bird species nest in the nearby marsh.’
- ‘If you want to see massive iguanas, giant land crabs or the largest red-footed booby colony in the western hemisphere, this is where to come.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.