One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slender pointed arched window.
- ‘It receives no natural lighting from behind, and has to compete with a lancet window immediately to its east side.’
- ‘The lancet windows depict scenes from the life of Christ and are wonderful examples of Harry Clarke's rare genius.’
- ‘Above the door he had also paid for a lancet window consisting of a representation of Jacob and the appropriate words: ‘This is the House of God, and this is the Gate of Heaven.’’
- ‘The rattling, down-at-heel, overcrowded buildings pleased me better than any grassy quad or lancet window.’
- ‘Back in 1150 there were 12 nuns and a prioress, now there's the delight of the ‘finest stained glass in the West Riding’, three lancet windows by William Morris, gorgeous Pre-Raphaelite faces framed in foliage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.