One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in an artillery regiment of the British army, corresponding to that of a lance corporal in the infantry.
- ‘Steven, 22, is a lance bombardier with the Royal Artillery and joined the army when he was 16.’
- ‘Christian, who is a lance bombardier in the Royal Artillery, stationed at Colchester, carried on the family tradition and was married in uniform.’
- ‘His parents had several letters from the lance bombardier before the military action began.’
- ‘He died just days before Christmas after a night out to toast his promotion to lance bombardier.’
- ‘Her husband, Stewart, is a lance bombardier in 40 Regiment, Royal Artillery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.