One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of sensitive layers of tissue (laminae) inside the hoof in horses and other animals. It is particularly prevalent in ponies feeding on rich spring grass and can cause extreme lameness.
- ‘Verbasle, the dam of Florida Derby winner High Fly, was euthanized on August 16 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute in Lexington due to effects of laminitis.’
- ‘Keep donkeys off the sweet feed and grain, as they can founder and develop laminitis just as horses do.’
- ‘Horses and ponies treated for laminitis by a veterinary surgeon during this period will then be re-assessed eight weeks later.’
- ‘However, because overfeeding energy is one of the major causes of laminitis, extreme care needs to be taken to limit intake.’
- ‘Big Jag suffered complications from laminitis while still being treated in Dubai, where he had been sent to try to defend his title in the Dubai Golden Shaheen.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.