One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical operation to remove the back of one or more vertebrae, usually to give access to the spinal cord or to relieve pressure on nerves.
- ‘He proceeded to a decompression laminectomy, which resulted in gradual restoration of function.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is often limited to laminectomy with biopsy and decompression.’
- ‘The project director identified patients undergoing laminectomies, craniotomies, and colectomies who could participate in the initiative.’
- ‘Two years earlier while living in another city, she underwent an anterior cervical laminectomy by a neurosurgeon.’
- ‘A benign meningioma was completely excised after laminectomy, and she is making a good recovery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.