One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveUS
Used to refer contemptuously to the mainstream media.as adjective ‘why has the lamestream media been so silent on the issue?’‘lamestream propaganda’as noun ‘the lamestream is entirely opposed to what normal Americans want’
normal, conventional, ordinary, orthodox, conformist, accepted, established, recognized, common, usual, prevailing, popularView synonyms
- ‘Nobody in the lamestream media bothers to explain all the intricacies of Fiji's political life.’
- ‘Why has the lamestream media been so silent on the issue?’
- ‘Most of the lamestream is acting as if the talks are real.’
- ‘If the lamestream news did its job informing people, the Patriot Act would have got shot down in Congress.’
- ‘Even the lamestream is burying the confession.’
- ‘He obviously hasn't done his homework, yet goes on lamestream TV to demonstrate to the world his complete ignorance.’
- ‘The lamestream is blowing this all out of proportion.’
- ‘Did you see any of these pictures on the lamestream news? Of course not.’
- ‘The lamestream media is still making excuses.’
- ‘The lamestream media is going to spin their stories and give us false newscasts.’
Early 21st century: blend of lame and mainstream.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.