Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stupid, inept, or dull person.
- ‘And anyone who says different is a lamer, because it rocked.’
- ‘I feel like such a lamer when I do that.’
- ‘It also makes me feel like a lamer who hasn't done anything with her life.’
- ‘Right about now some elitists are probably reading this and saying "What a lamer Meinel is!"’
- ‘Sure, it advertises itself as an Irish pub, martini bar, club, or grill but when you walk in it's a bunch of lamers that couldn't jog around the block.’
- ‘It basically looks like a bunch of lamers posting art that they did not contribute to in any way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.