One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Laboured and formulaic, he responded lamely to the early questions by immediately conceding to MPs from all sides of the House just how important was the point they were raising.’
- ‘Now as then, the opposition party finds itself stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of lamely reacting to the President's initiatives.’
- ‘‘Competition has been ill-served by retail banks in the past,’ the report concludes rather lamely.’
- ‘Despite Beard lamely protesting he had tried to get out of Hocking's way, the red card was rightly produced, as was the yellow shown to the City defender for his initial tackle.’
- ‘Pollack lamely answered that there were ‘things we could do to minimize unrest in the region.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.