One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Civil and religious liberty, so characteristic of America, are most appropriately represented by the two lamblike horns of this creature.’
- ‘If the general was a tiger, his staff officers were selected from the lambs; if he was lamblike, then they were chosen for their tigerishness.’
- ‘Under its influence, the tender heart became stone, and the lamblike disposition gave way to one of tiger-like fierceness.’
- ‘The camels ‘exhibited the most lamblike docility,’ the local newspaper reported.’
- ‘Let's first review all the texts in the Bible pertaining to the mark of the beast and the worship of its image, and see how texts referring to the lamblike beast and the false prophet turn up as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.