One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harsh criticism.‘he received a lambasting from critics and fans’
- ‘The hypocrisy of the Victorian era often gets a lambasting in this book.’
- ‘She then proceeded to give the pair a verbal lambasting, calling them good for nothing animals.’
- ‘Most traffic calming measures are necessary and need applauding, not lambasting by people more concerned about their precious cars than the important issues.’
- ‘He has given a new author a lambasting I'm sure he wouldn't have appreciated when he was starting out.’
- ‘The president's popularity regarding environmental policy was low and a lambasting at the environmental conference was expected.’
- ‘He gave the guy a lambasting, too.’
- ‘I was on the receiving end of a pretty decent lambasting from his mother about "ruining the experience" for her kids.’
- ‘The pair's humor excludes no one from a vigorous lambasting.’
- ‘His recent lambasting of gangsta rap has attracted a great deal of indignation.’
- ‘The authors touch on the critical lambasting the horror genre took from its very inception.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.