One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The task of marking lambs' ears with the owner's brand.‘big jobs like lamb marking were often carried out by a contract team’
- ‘I was supposed to help him with lamb-marking.’
- ‘Lamb marking is a severe ordeal for young sheep, and can cause deaths or serious setbacks to growth.’
- ‘I knew of men who did lamb-marking with their teeth.’
- ‘Flock reproductive performance is measured by lamb marking percentage, which can be improved in many flocks.’
- ‘We spoke to him during a break from lamb marking.’
- ‘Lamb marking is carried out soon after birth (using numbered ear tags, tattoos and/or notches, or other suitable methods.’
- ‘Inoculation for entero-toxaemia and vaccination for scabby mouth are usually carried out at lamb marking.’
- ‘Three treatment groups were established at lamb marking on each farm.’
- ‘At lamb-marking times often a few lambs would get out of the yards and disappear over some hill and out of sight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.