One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The task of marking lambs' ears with the owner's brand.‘big jobs like lamb marking were often carried out by a contract team’
- ‘Flock reproductive performance is measured by lamb marking percentage, which can be improved in many flocks.’
- ‘At lamb-marking times often a few lambs would get out of the yards and disappear over some hill and out of sight.’
- ‘Three treatment groups were established at lamb marking on each farm.’
- ‘I knew of men who did lamb-marking with their teeth.’
- ‘I was supposed to help him with lamb-marking.’
- ‘Inoculation for entero-toxaemia and vaccination for scabby mouth are usually carried out at lamb marking.’
- ‘Lamb marking is a severe ordeal for young sheep, and can cause deaths or serious setbacks to growth.’
- ‘We spoke to him during a break from lamb marking.’
- ‘Lamb marking is carried out soon after birth (using numbered ear tags, tattoos and/or notches, or other suitable methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.