One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is marking lambs' ears with the owner's brand.‘his dad was a wizard lamb marker’
- ‘He was the fastest lamb-marker in Australia. He could keep eight catchers busy.’
- ‘We could see the several white tents and the firesmoke of the lamb-markers' camp.’
- ‘He had the name of being the best lamb marker in the Cobar district.’
- ‘The management held that the water is suitable, having been used for the last five shearings by the lamb-markers.’
- ‘He assists a lamb-marker in the marking of an ear of a lamb with the owner's brand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.