One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The system of doctrine and observances inculcated and maintained by lamas; Tibetan Buddhism.
- ‘Mahayana Buddhism combined with the native Tibetan religion to create a new form of Buddhism, called Lamaism.’
- ‘Finally, on the 3rd of March, the group departed Hoten and on the 26th they arrived at the towns of Koyafu and nearby Oyafu, both of which are centers of Lamaism.’
- ‘The Dongba culture or ancient Naxi culture combines elements of Lamaism, Buddhism and Taoism.’
- ‘The Uygurs, Huis, Uzbeks, and Kazaks are Muslims whereas the Mongolians generally believe in the Yellow sect of Lamaism.’
- ‘Chinese officials did, however, try to conciliate the nomads by promoting Tibetan Lamaism, the religion of the Mongols.’
- ‘We then went to The Palace of Heavenly Tranquility where sacrifices were made to the Gods of Manchos and Lamaism.’
- ‘The main religion is Lamaism, which is the Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘In the 16th century they were converted to Lamaism.’
- ‘In some pastoral areas, the Ewenki believe in Lamaism, the Tibetan form of Buddhism adopted by the majority of Mongols.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.