One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terrier of a small stocky breed originating in the Lake District.
- ‘Firemen were called out to rescue the Lakeland terrier after it fell whilst walking with its owner on the fells above Malham and Arncliffe.’
- ‘1968 Lakeland terrier Ch. Stingray of Derryabah becomes the first dog to win Best In Show at Westminster after winning the same award at Crufts, Westminster's London counterpart.’
- ‘Jim's other dog, Milly, a two-year-old Lakeland terrier, is nonplussed by Robbie's antics, probably thinking he is barking and pays no attention to the carpet, preferring to have a nap while Jim sips his pint.’
- ‘Tan, a Lakeland terrier, went missing on a walk at Embsay reservoir with owner Brian Wright, of Skipton.’
- ‘One day Davies went to visit his lodgers, and Ruby, their Lakeland terrier, gazed up at him imploringly, then relieved herself mightily on the kitchen floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.