One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of fishes of the salmon family, which live in large lakes and are highly prized as a game fish and as food.
a European brown trout of a large race.
a North American charr (Salvelinus namaycush, family Salmonidae).
- ‘In tributaries feeding the lake, brook trout competed with young bull trout for food and in the lake, lake trout preyed on bull trout.’
- ‘Great Lakes steelhead and salmon and some lake trout begin their lives in the Pere Marquette River, a pretty stream that meanders through the area on its way to Lake Michigan.’
- ‘Larger and deeper lakes, with oxygenated hypolimnions, will also have one or two larger salmonids, usually lake trout or landlocked Atlantic salmon, along with burbot and slimy sculpin.’
- ‘Come to my house at the right time of year - I can take you out and you will catch trophy lake trout, trophy steelhead, trophy salmon, trophy carp and maybe even a trophy bass.’
- ‘The highest levels of omega - 3 fatty acids are in mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.