One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mammal of the order "Lagomorpha" , which comprises the hares, rabbits, and pikas.
- ‘Growth rates of pikas are among the fastest for lagomorphs, and growth rates of collared pikas at our study site were even higher than those of its southern congener, the American pika.’
- ‘In the following sections we describe our current view of the stratigraphic position of the Deer Park assemblages, laboratory analytical methods, and the species accounts for the lagomorphs and rodents.’
- ‘Like some other mammal taxa, but unlike rabbits and other lagomorphs, male rodents have a baculum (penis bone).’
- ‘This type of interaction occurs in horses, elephants, hyraxes, rodents, and lagomorphs (hares and rabbits) but is probably best exemplified in the termites.’
- ‘Rodents and lagomorphs are prime examples of breeders among mammals and have enormous incisors for their body size.’
Relating to or denoting lagomorphs.
- ‘Modem rodent and lagomorph skulls were mainly from the Condon Museum, University of Oregon.’
- ‘In the current study, fluoride measurements of 889 lagomorph long bones from 183 features were used to develop a relative chronology of features.’
- ‘Species such as P. glandulosa or P. juliflora account for 10-56% of lagomorph diets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.