One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The protein component of milk.
- ‘In a section on tumor markers in breast neoplasms, there is a comprehensive discussion of cytokeratins, lactalbumin, pregnancy-specific lactoprotein, lactoferrin, milk fat globule membrane antigen, T antigen, tissue polypeptide antigen, actin, GCDFP - 15, polymorphic epithelial mucins, CEA, S - 100 protein, PSA, and a listing of serum diagnostic markers.’
- ‘The study assesses the therapeutic effects of colostrum (the first milk secreted at the end of pregnancy - it has less albumin and lactoprotein in it than milk secreted later) on diarrhea.’
- ‘This directive defines the lactoproteins to which it applies and reserves the names corresponding to those definitions.’
- ‘Soxhlet is also known as the first scientist who fractionated the milk proteins in casein, albumin, globulin and lactoprotein.’
- ‘Whilst the cheese is maturing the long molecules break down, especially those of the lactoprotein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.