One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organic compound containing an ester group —OCO— as part of a ring.
- ‘The effects of kava-kava come from the synergistic mechanism of its root's active ingredients, resinous compounds called kava lactones.’
- ‘The polar head is a macrocyclic lactone ring containing nine amino acid residues, three of which have positive charges, whereas one has negative charge.’
- ‘Standardized ginkgo formulas contain 24% flavonoids, and the substance, along with the other main component of ginkgo, terpene lactones, seems to keep red blood cells and platelets from forming clots.’
- ‘Kava lactones are similar in chemical structure to a compound known as myristicin - found in nutmeg.’
- ‘Macrodiols with different thermal characteristics were prepared using ring-opening polymerization of cyclic diesters or lactones with a low molecular weight diol as an initiator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.