One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strengthening course of bricks built into an arch or wall.
- ‘Basically, the lacing courses can be arranged and executed in the most varied manners between the casing parts.’
- ‘In image 7 you can see the length of the wall and characteristic Roman lacing courses of bonding tiles.’
- ‘However, this type of tile in particular could be used as wall bonding or lacing courses.’
- ‘The walls are built of stone with a concrete core, and are bonded with brick lacing courses five bricks thick.’
- ‘Its walls are built of flint-rubble concrete, and there are lacing courses of tiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.