One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strengthening course of bricks built into an arch or wall.
- ‘In image 7 you can see the length of the wall and characteristic Roman lacing courses of bonding tiles.’
- ‘However, this type of tile in particular could be used as wall bonding or lacing courses.’
- ‘The walls are built of stone with a concrete core, and are bonded with brick lacing courses five bricks thick.’
- ‘Its walls are built of flint-rubble concrete, and there are lacing courses of tiles.’
- ‘Basically, the lacing courses can be arranged and executed in the most varied manners between the casing parts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.