One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And so The Wild Boy is a sad novel, tugging the heartstrings with some of the rhapsodic lachrymosity that felled Little Nell.’
- ‘Tales of horror and lachrymosity abound.’
- ‘Transcending audience expectations of cosily heartwarming fare, Christian Carion's approach is accessible, unashamedly old-fashioned even, but it's impressive and moving precisely because it never resorts to easy lachrymosity or self-righteous breast-beating.’
- ‘Fortunately, there is some sensitive writing to balance this kind of lachrymosity.’
- ‘It has nothing to do with my state of mind at the time or any tendency to lachrymosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.