One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And so The Wild Boy is a sad novel, tugging the heartstrings with some of the rhapsodic lachrymosity that felled Little Nell.’
- ‘Transcending audience expectations of cosily heartwarming fare, Christian Carion's approach is accessible, unashamedly old-fashioned even, but it's impressive and moving precisely because it never resorts to easy lachrymosity or self-righteous breast-beating.’
- ‘Tales of horror and lachrymosity abound.’
- ‘It has nothing to do with my state of mind at the time or any tendency to lachrymosity.’
- ‘Fortunately, there is some sensitive writing to balance this kind of lachrymosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.