One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that irritates the eyes and causes tears to flow.
- ‘Their eyes must be protected from the effects of lacrimators as well.’
- ‘Compounds that are labeled as lachrymators belong in this category.’
- ‘This lachrymator dissolves in eye fluids and produces small amounts of irritating sulfuric acid.’
- ‘The student exposed to the lachrymator was not wearing eye protection.’
- ‘What is more, chemical tear gas lachrymators are considered by some to have long term carcinogenic properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.