One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The timber of the plane tree.
- ‘The lacewood has a very nice shimmer to it, and almost glows if you get it at the right angle.’
- ‘The distinguishing feature of lacewood is the prominent ray flecks.’
- ‘A whole new world of exotic design possibilities abound with zen-like bamboo, luxurious lacewood, distinctive makore, or safari zebrawood to name a few.’
- ‘However, I've found the oil tends to make the lacewood appear to be more uniform in color.’
- ‘That technique should bring out the curl but not obscure the beautiful rays of the lacewood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.