One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reptile of the suborder Lacertilia; a lizard.
- ‘Certain lacertilian species such as the lacertid, and insects such as the mantis, possess a third eye, known as the parietal eye.’
- ‘Supposed lacertilian tracks have been reported from a single site in the Navajo.’
- ‘There are 37 species (3 crocodilians, 8 chelonians, 14 lacertilians and 12 ophidians) distributed in 30 genera recorded so far.’
- ‘This page gives you lots of information, with pictures, of the various kinds of lacertilians.’
- ‘Among prehistoric lacertilians were the gecko Ardeosaurus and the monitor Megalania.’
Relating to or denoting lacertilians.
- ‘Therefore, following the convention used by Rewcastle, the immobile, unified lacertilian crus-astragalocalcaneum will be referred to here as simply the crus.’
- ‘Of greatest interest here, however, is the function of the lacertilian mesotarsal joint.’
- ‘In this pattern the tarsus of diadectids most closely approximates the lacertilian mesotarsal joint in structure and probable function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.