One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrangea of a group of varieties that have flat flower heads with fertile florets in the centre surrounded by sterile florets.Compare with hortensia
- ‘The ‘Lady in Red’ hydrangea blooms are delicate lacecaps, 4-5 inches across.’
- ‘All types of hydrangeas are included, from blousy mopheads to delicate lacecaps, from oakleafs to climbers.’
- ‘At a lower terrace, a number of other serrata lacecaps are in their glory, massed to cover an area of about 25 feet by 10 feet.’
- ‘Mr. Wildnauer says more people should grow lacecaps for their delicate look in a garden.’
- ‘The mopheads stick around, the lacecaps have disappeared.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.