One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrangea of a group of varieties that have flat flower heads with fertile florets in the centre surrounded by sterile florets.Compare with hortensia
- ‘All types of hydrangeas are included, from blousy mopheads to delicate lacecaps, from oakleafs to climbers.’
- ‘The ‘Lady in Red’ hydrangea blooms are delicate lacecaps, 4-5 inches across.’
- ‘Mr. Wildnauer says more people should grow lacecaps for their delicate look in a garden.’
- ‘The mopheads stick around, the lacecaps have disappeared.’
- ‘At a lower terrace, a number of other serrata lacecaps are in their glory, massed to cover an area of about 25 feet by 10 feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.