Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hydrangea of a group of varieties that have flat flower heads with fertile florets in the centre surrounded by sterile florets.Compare with hortensia
- ‘All types of hydrangeas are included, from blousy mopheads to delicate lacecaps, from oakleafs to climbers.’
- ‘At a lower terrace, a number of other serrata lacecaps are in their glory, massed to cover an area of about 25 feet by 10 feet.’
- ‘Mr. Wildnauer says more people should grow lacecaps for their delicate look in a garden.’
- ‘The ‘Lady in Red’ hydrangea blooms are delicate lacecaps, 4-5 inches across.’
- ‘The mopheads stick around, the lacecaps have disappeared.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.