One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freshwater fish with poorly developed gills and a labyrinthine accessory breathing organ, native to Africa and Asia.
- ‘The actual courtship and spawning are not at all violent or rough compared to some other labyrinth fish.’
- ‘Most labyrinth fish are robust and easy to keep, and on the whole can be expected to do well.’
- ‘The Gourami is a labyrinth fish, so their places are the top levels.’
- ‘Although labyrinth fish have gills, they also have a special organ which allows them to also breathe directly from the air.’
- ‘The spike-tailed paradise fish is a labyrinth fish, and like all such fishes they extract atmospheric oxygen with the help of a vessel-lined cavity above their gill arches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.