One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The brilliant iridescence exhibited by some specimens of labradorite and other feldspars.
- ‘The labradorescence is caused by light interference by lattice distortions.’
- ‘This labradorescence is truly a one of a kind mineralogical experience and must be observed in person in order to truly appreciate its beauty.’
- ‘In its massive form, labradorite shows a startling play of color similar to opal called labradorescence.’
- ‘The blue flash of labradorescence is the reason for the excitement about this very special gemstone.’
- ‘The labradorescence in these beads ranges from typical blues and violets through greens, with bits of yellows and oranges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.