One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member or supporter of a Labour Party.
left-wing, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistleft-winger, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistView synonyms
- ‘But the noise hardly concealed the fact that most Laborites wholeheartedly favor modernizing the state-owned railways, which cost the nation $500 million in 1962 alone.’
- ‘The relationship between the Labourites and the Kerry team isn't perfect, obviously.’
- ‘More moderate people among the Conservatives and Liberals believe that it is only by letting the Laborites have power that the radical tendencies of the Party can be cured.’
- ‘I'm a gradualist Laborite who believes in taking as many people as you can with you on controversial issues.’
- ‘Karmenu Farrugia is yet another Labourite who has expressed himself in favour of Malta's EU accession.’
- ‘Ironically, the one transformational issue that has caused him the most grief is the banning of fox hunting, something that has been on the wish list of the hardiest Labourites in Britain for decades.’
- ‘All of this added up to what the Laborites were to call the welfare state - and they were very proud to do so.’
- ‘But his fellow Laborites would have nothing to do with a compromise bill.’
- ‘The leader of Labourites has called on the population to come to a peaceful action and express their protest against collective meters.’
- ‘The Laborites most likely to lose seats are New Labor loyalists swept in the landslides of 1997 and 2001.’
- ‘For those old Labourites who are hoping he will adopt Liberal Democrat Foreign Policy, they are likely to be sorely disappointed.’
- ‘It's just that whenever you Labourite chaps see something that is large, privately owned and working well, you want to nationalize it.’
- ‘Upon losing office, some Labourites were to be victimized by the new political elite.’
- ‘He pointed out that David Miliband was very popular among Labourites in the borough - the sort of man who could become a Prime Minister one day.’
- ‘The houses of Labourites were not blessed by the parish priest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.