Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room in a hospital set aside for childbirth.
- ‘The day before, I had stopped by the labor ward to drop off some forms.’
- ‘The Guidelines are meant for resident doctors working in the receiving room and the labor ward.’
- ‘It may come as a shock to a lot of women that food and drink are discouraged or not allowed in the labor wards of the modern maternity hospital.’
- ‘Most of them became change activists, within their labor wards and without.’
- ‘We model multidisciplinary teamwork and compassion during the actual care of patients in labor wards and in the operating room.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.