One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian plant of the pea family, which is widely grown in the tropics for its edible seeds and pods and as a fodder crop.
Lablab purpureus, family Leguminosae
- ‘Lablab is a dual-purpose legume.’
- ‘With the excellent nutritive value and palatability of lablab, this forage may be used as a direct browse crop or as hay for supplementation or as an attractant.’
- ‘I had a go at growing lablab as a green manure crop for my bananas, but they basically hardly grow here at all due to our lack of summer heat.’
- ‘Supplementing the diet of goats with lablab in many areas has been shown to yield better condition for expecting goats, higher kid birth weights, growth rates, and milk yields.’
- ‘Mid-December to mid-January plantings are generally preferred when growing Koala lablab for grain.’
Early 19th century: from Arabic lablāb.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.