One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A learner driver.
- ‘Lorry and bus drivers will be liable to a maximum fine of £2,500 and the new law will also apply to driving instructors supervising L-drivers.’
- ‘The Government is to employ private driving testers and provide special bonuses for State examiners to slash the backlog of L-drivers waiting to take their test.’
- ‘The order, which requires all drivers including those accompanying L-drivers to carry their licences, comes into effect tomorrow.’
- ‘Easily the most expensive on test, this pack is supposed to be the one-stop shop for L-drivers.’
- ‘Over the intervening period we should enact laws requiring that L-drivers undertake pre-driving lessons in off-road training areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.