One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Japanese martial art of longbow archery, incorporating set rhythmic movements and practised in a meditative state.
- ‘Iaido and kyudo are perhaps the best vehicles of the Japanese martial arts for meditative contemplation because of their essentially solitary nature.’
- ‘She has also studied, to varying extents, kendo, jodo (short staff), kyudo and naginata (halberd).’
- ‘Next to kyudo, iaido is probably the most esoteric martial art form.’
- ‘Arts like kyudo create a special atmosphere that, to me, is ample justification for practicing them.’
- ‘Aikido, kyudo and iaido allow almost religious experiences in the focus and flow of executing techniques.’
Japanese, literally ‘way of the bow’, from kyū ‘bow’ + dō ‘way, method’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.