One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mussel.‘they were out fishing and collecting kutai’
- ‘It's the sea that provided paua, fish, kutai and koura, the best waves and surf in the country, memories and emotions for every generation.’
- ‘Every day they either searched for kutai or fished on the reef.’
- ‘This recipe gives ingredients and steps for making kutai fritters.’
- ‘The recipe calls for 3-4 small kutai.’
- ‘Mounds of pipi, kutai and pupu shells mark their camp sites.’
- ‘There was marinated kutai for the old folk familiar with such delicacies.’
- ‘We used to do puha and put kutai with it.’
Late 19th century: Maori.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.