One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(in yoga) latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine.
- ‘Through yoga their kundalini rises, expanding consciousness, changing values and creating magical happenings around them.’
- ‘The kundalini is symbolised by a serpent, which is often depicted turning three and half times.’
- ‘Learning psychic skills might help us manage our delusions and meditation could help us channel our kundalini.’
- ‘This inrush of energy current awakens kundalini, which has taken the form of a small, white lucid, but soft and soothing light, like the flame of a candle.’
- ‘They use urine to unleash their kundalini, sending it straight into the third eye, bringing instant enlightenment.’
- ‘Muladhara is at the base of the spine, the center for kundalini or primal energy.’
- 1.1 A system of meditation directed towards the release of kundalini energy.
- ‘Worshippers of Siva who are victim to anger or hatred refrain from meditation, japa, and kundalini yoga.’
- ‘What books or any other resources do you recommend about kundalini yoga?’
- ‘In kundalini yoga you attempt to move energy from the base of your spine through chakras or energy centers to the crown of your head to bring about illumination.’
- ‘Shakta Kaur Khalsa has been practicing and teaching kundalini yoga for 24 years, and has been a Montessori teacher for almost as long.’
- ‘She also does once-weekly kundalini yoga, which mixes movement, breathwork and meditation.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘snake’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.