One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(in yoga) latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine.
- ‘Muladhara is at the base of the spine, the center for kundalini or primal energy.’
- ‘Through yoga their kundalini rises, expanding consciousness, changing values and creating magical happenings around them.’
- ‘The kundalini is symbolised by a serpent, which is often depicted turning three and half times.’
- ‘Learning psychic skills might help us manage our delusions and meditation could help us channel our kundalini.’
- ‘They use urine to unleash their kundalini, sending it straight into the third eye, bringing instant enlightenment.’
- ‘This inrush of energy current awakens kundalini, which has taken the form of a small, white lucid, but soft and soothing light, like the flame of a candle.’
- 1.1 A system of meditation directed towards the release of kundalini energy.
- ‘Shakta Kaur Khalsa has been practicing and teaching kundalini yoga for 24 years, and has been a Montessori teacher for almost as long.’
- ‘She also does once-weekly kundalini yoga, which mixes movement, breathwork and meditation.’
- ‘What books or any other resources do you recommend about kundalini yoga?’
- ‘Worshippers of Siva who are victim to anger or hatred refrain from meditation, japa, and kundalini yoga.’
- ‘In kundalini yoga you attempt to move energy from the base of your spine through chakras or energy centers to the crown of your head to bring about illumination.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘snake’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.