One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in martial arts) freestyle fighting.
- ‘Another example occurred when I was doing kumite with Sensei at his home.’
- ‘Every now and then, we'd break off into pairs for kumite, or sparring.’
- ‘Calum has won every tournament entered for kata and kumite so far this year which is an amazing achievement for someone so young.’
- ‘What can you tell us about his performance in kumite?’
- ‘They included junior kata and kumite, ladies kata and kumite, senior black belt kata and kumite.’
Japanese, literally ‘sparring’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.