One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in martial arts) freestyle fighting.
- ‘Every now and then, we'd break off into pairs for kumite, or sparring.’
- ‘They included junior kata and kumite, ladies kata and kumite, senior black belt kata and kumite.’
- ‘What can you tell us about his performance in kumite?’
- ‘Calum has won every tournament entered for kata and kumite so far this year which is an amazing achievement for someone so young.’
- ‘Another example occurred when I was doing kumite with Sensei at his home.’
Japanese, literally ‘sparring’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.