One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of Indian ice cream, typically served in the shape of a cone.
- ‘Mike asked for almond kulfi, offered as one of three flavours, but settled for mango because they didn't have almond.’
- ‘In its country of origin, it is used in sweet and savoury recipes, from biryani to kulfi.’
- ‘The kulfi was a bit of a disappointment, though.’
- ‘Also recommended is Yeh's homemade kulfi, or Indian ice cream.’
- ‘The kulfi in The Wee Curry Shop looks and tastes like bad industrial ice cream with phoney laboratory flavours.’
From Hindi kulfī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.