One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous mythical sea monster said to appear off the coast of Norway.
- ‘They regularly report sea serpents, but the kraken is the most fantastic, and the most feared.’
- ‘Dragons, krakens, giant serpents, griffins, hippogriffs, ogres, evil giants, hydras, and beasts that bore no name at all were among the forces.’
- ‘He is the legendary kraken who lives deep in the rocks and reefs of the Dagger Sea.’
- ‘That's when a kraken attacked the boat, trying to cut it in half with its razor sharp beak.’
- ‘The creature, a kraken, had crossed the ocean with amazing speed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.