One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous mythical sea monster said to appear off the coast of Norway.
- ‘They regularly report sea serpents, but the kraken is the most fantastic, and the most feared.’
- ‘Dragons, krakens, giant serpents, griffins, hippogriffs, ogres, evil giants, hydras, and beasts that bore no name at all were among the forces.’
- ‘The creature, a kraken, had crossed the ocean with amazing speed.’
- ‘That's when a kraken attacked the boat, trying to cut it in half with its razor sharp beak.’
- ‘He is the legendary kraken who lives deep in the rocks and reefs of the Dagger Sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.