One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Maori culture) unity or solidarity.‘if you create winners and losers, you lose the spirit of kotahitanga’
- ‘They determined to work together for Māori unity (kotahitanga).’
- ‘Unity and togetherness are two of the words the vice captain used when describing kotahitanga and how it applies to her team.’
- ‘A number of Kotahitanga movements were directly political and some set up parliaments.’
- ‘On the waka they learn kotahitanga - a sense of working together as one.’
- ‘The Maori Party was founded on kotahitanga.’
From Maori kotahi ‘one’ + Maori -tanga, a suffix forming abstract nouns.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.