One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stylized fern-leaf motif in Maori carving and tattooing.
- ‘It will have some kind of koru in it to reflect the indigenous people.’
- ‘Gordon Walters, one of New Zealand's best artists, made frequent use of a classic Maori symbol, the koru, a curving form derived from the curled tip of the young tree-fern frond.’
- ‘Two taiaha span the top edge of the painting, while the rest is bordered with red and black koru.’
- ‘The koru (being a Maori symbol) balances the flag, and the traditional western approach of three horizontal stripes.’
- ‘In this tutorial you will learn how to create a koru in a few easy steps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.