One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Aborigine, especially one from Victoria and southern New South Wales.
- ‘Victorian Kooris now legally own less than one percent of the original land they occupied before British colonisation.’
- ‘And it is in this sense that we can understand the role that photos have taken on for Kooris.’
- ‘The vast majority of Kooris ' photos represent people, usually kin.’
- ‘According to Luke, injecting drug use is on the rise amongst young Kooris, with rural areas, even quite remote communities, no longer being quarantined.’
- ‘In the first six months of the program, arrests of young Kooris declined by almost 40 per cent.’
From Awabakal (an Aboriginal language), literally ‘man’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.