One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Aborigine, especially one from Victoria and southern New South Wales.
- ‘According to Luke, injecting drug use is on the rise amongst young Kooris, with rural areas, even quite remote communities, no longer being quarantined.’
- ‘Victorian Kooris now legally own less than one percent of the original land they occupied before British colonisation.’
- ‘And it is in this sense that we can understand the role that photos have taken on for Kooris.’
- ‘In the first six months of the program, arrests of young Kooris declined by almost 40 per cent.’
- ‘The vast majority of Kooris ' photos represent people, usually kin.’
From Awabakal (an Aboriginal language), literally ‘man’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.