One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kindergarten where lessons are conducted in Maori.
- ‘I am proud of our health workers, just as I am proud of all those people in pre-schools, primary schools, kohanga reo, kura, and universities who are providing those basic services that all New Zealanders need.’
- ‘I ask our Maori members why we do not leave it to the kohanga reo, to the kura kaupapa, and to all the programmes the polytechs currently run.’
- ‘There are kindergartens, kohanga reo, playcentres, private centres, and community-owned centres.’
- ‘Would attending a well-resourced kohanga reo have saved her?’
- ‘It's the kohanga reo and the kids that have lost out.’
Maori, literally ‘language nest’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.