One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slow pitch which moves erratically, made by releasing the ball from the knuckles of the first joints of the index and middle finger.
- ‘Sauveur throws a fastball, knuckleball, curveball and cutter, and he changes speeds with all of them.’
- ‘Wilhelm and Niekro are the only two pitchers in the Hall of Fame who relied primarily on the knuckleball throughout their careers.’
- ‘He had pitched in high school and occasionally had thrown a knuckleball.’
- ‘Eddie Cicotte is thought to be the first major league pitcher to specialize in throwing the knuckleball.’
- ‘You'll learn the rules of offense and defense, and all about fastballs, curveballs, knuckleballs and screwballs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.