Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Intelligent and well informed.‘she is very knowledgeable about livestock and pedigrees’
well informed, informed, learned, with great knowledge, well read, well educated, educated, widely read, erudite, scholarly, cultured, cultivated, enlightened, awareacquainted with, familiar with, with a knowledge of, with an understanding of, conversant with, au courant with, au fait withView synonyms
- ‘I miss my friends a lot, and the fact that everyone in Toronto is so knowledgeable about the music.’
- ‘And the staff are all book lovers themselves and very knowledgable.’
- ‘So we sought out opinions from York's most knowledgeable musical minds.’
- ‘The former miner was a very knowledgeable man who loved to read and could discuss any topic.’
- ‘He was plainly a knowledgeable and experienced witness, with a broad background in the railway industry.’
- ‘What this goes to show is how very little most people, even intelligent and knowledgable people, know about language.’
- ‘Their salespeople are always knowledgable about the stock and the prices are reasonable.’
- ‘Our bartender was really knowledgeable about the menu and helpful in answering all my questions.’
- ‘Having read the book I do feel more knowledgeable about my own generation.’
- ‘Her talk was much appreciated and she was both knowledgeable and informative.’
- ‘I'm not knowledgable enough about the subject to discuss it intelligently or usefully.’
- ‘Thomas says consumers are more knowledgeable about design now than in the past.’
- ‘The fans are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Grand Prix racing.’
- ‘If you need help with your resumé we have friendly knowledgeable staff available to assist.’
- ‘All in all, this was a meal to savour, and one delivered by efficient and knowledgeable waiting staff.’
- ‘Our knowledgeable panel of speakers will introduce you to the many aspects of living in Tokyo.’
- ‘I have to confess that I am not very knowledgeable about modern rock music.’
- ‘For one thing Rolf Harris is quite knowledgeable on the subject, and art is something he has a passion for.’
- ‘The main problem with the exchange of information is that there's a tendency for people to become knowledgable without ever having experienced anything.’
- ‘Perhaps there is a knowledgeable local person who might undertake this task for you.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.